Ask The Expert: Converting to a Roth

Asked by Ralph 10/12/12

How do I convert a traditional IRA to a Roth?

Matthew Malone A:
Answered by Matthew Malone 10/24/12
See other answers from this expert.
46 out of 46 people found this useful.

The easiest way is to contact the financial institution that holds your traditional IRA account. If you want to stay with that provider, they should walk you through the whole conversion process. If you want to switch providers, they, too, will likely help with the transfer. The banks typically do most of the work–you’ll just have to sign some papers (and pay any taxes on the conversion, of course!).


Leave a Reply