MOST USEFUL ANSWERS:
- 745 out of 1027 people found this useful.
- 618 out of 834 people found this useful.
- 617 out of 979 people found this useful.
- I opened a Roth IRA in 2009 with $5,000. This year, at the age 26, I have to withdraw the $5,000. What fee, taxes or penalties will I incur?595 out of 969 people found this useful.
- I turn 53 this month and have no other retirement fund other than a traditional 401(k). At my age, is there any point in starting a Roth IRA?280 out of 479 people found this useful.
- I contributed approximately 12k from 2002 through 2012 with after-tax money. Can I withdraw it without penalty.518 out of 810 people found this useful.
- 407 out of 714 people found this useful.
- I am currently working with an investment company to open a Roth IRA. The funds being recommended each have a load fee of 5.75%. I'm very new to this, but that seems high to me. Is this the average?377 out of 557 people found this useful.
- I am about to enter college in the fall of 2013. With financial aid and scholarships not meeting the cost of tuition, I must resort to taking out loans. Knowing I will be on a tight budget for the years to come, I have looked into a Roth IRA. If I have no income, just savings—am I still eligible to put money into a Roth?370 out of 658 people found this useful.
- After holding a Roth IRA w/some converted from Traditional Ira, for over five years and after age 59 1/2, are all distributions including earnings tax free?367 out of 701 people found this useful.